- Separate who you truly are and what’s real, from the stories that run through your head.
- Fear is going to be a player in your life, but you get to decide how much. You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about your pathway to the future, but all there will ever be is what’s happening here, and the decisions we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear.
- I learned many great lessons from my father, not the least of which was that you can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.
- I can tell you from experience, the effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is.
- Everything you gain in life will rot and fall apart, and all that will be left of you is what was in your heart.
- We’re not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through it. All else is just smoke and mirrors. Distracting, but not truly compelling.
- The imagination is always manufacturing scenarios – both good and bad – and the ego tries to keep you trapped in the multiplex of the mind. Our eyes are not only viewers, but also projectors that are running a second story over the picture we see in front of us all the time. Fear is writing that script and the working title is, ‘I’ll never be enough.’
- This is the voice of your ego. If you listen to it, there will always be someone who seems to be doing better than you. No matter what you gain, ego will not let you rest. It will tell you that you cannot stop until you’ve left an indelible mark on the earth, until you’ve achieved immortality. How tricky is the ego that it would tempt us with the promise of something we already possess.
- Your job is not to figure out how it’s going to happen for you, but to open the door in your head and when the doors open in real life, just walk through it.
- Take a chance on faith – not religion, but faith. Not hope, but faith. I don’t believe in hope. Hope is a beggar. Hope walks through the fire. Faith leaps over it.
- You will only ever have two choices: love or fear. Choose love, and don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.
Be the first to comment