- The scientific consensus on climate change is at least as strong as the consensus on smoking. Climate change is a real deal.
- When it comes to climate change, wouldn’t it be great, if technologies could save us automatically. But here in 2015, I don’t think we can count on entrepreneurs to invent everything we need fast enough. Presuming that extraordinary global warming mitigation technology will emerge in the world marketplace by itself, so-called techno-optimism is just another way of living in denial.
- In general, all this means we need to provide two things: Electricity and clean water to everyone on Earth. Sooner or later, we are going to have to come up with some amazing new ideas to create or develop more resources to accommodate more people. I want you to solve our legal problems as well as our technical challenges and, dare I say it — Change the World.
- By the way, if you come up with one of these key technical ideas, changing the world would be just the start; you might also get rich — crazy rich.
- I’d like to give you some advice, just plain old advice like: If you smell fresh paint, don’t walk under the ladder. Wear good shoes in a thumbtack factory. And, don’t try to smoke in the rain. In fact, don’t smoke at all, ever.